Click Here!! http://www.saturdaydiet.com for eCourses
Diabetic, Obesity & Weight Loss Foot Care Made Easy
Take off your shoes & socks
Ask your health care provider to check your feet.
Report any changes in how your feet look or feel.
1-Wash your feet thoroughly
2-Dry your feet thoroughly (between the toes)
3-Apply moisturizer to your feet ( not between the toes)
4-Wear moisture-resistant socks
5-Never walk barefoot
6-Wear shoes that fit well
7-Check your feet for sores, cuts, blisters, corns and redness
8-DO NOT soak your feet!
9-DO NOT smoke
10- Change your diet to Low Carb plan
11- Lose weight
• Always wear orthotic insoles in your shoes.
• Take a Ibuprofen, Naproxen or Aspire before going for a walk or exercising.
• To help protect your toes and reduce friction and rubbing as you walk, apply petroleum jelly to the problem areas so that your toes don’t stick to each other, or rub together.
• Use an Overnight Treatment – petroleum jelly with cocoa butter can be used as an effective overnight cosmetic treatment for dry, cracked feet and heels as it helps create a sealing barrier, locking in the essential moisture your feet need to repair themselves.
• Foot doctors recommend that women avoid wearing heels that are higher than 3 inches.
• Try to put your weight on the centre of your foot as you walk.
• Give yourself a quick food massage with a Tennis ball.
• Use a Toe stretcher , it straightens & realigns problem toes.
Elevate your feet while resting when you get home.
Improving the circulation of blood to the feet can help prevent problems. Exposure to cold temperatures or water, pressure from shoes, long periods of sitting, obesity, or smoking can reduce blood flow to the feet. Even sitting with your legs crossed or wearing tight, elastic garters or socks can affect circulation. On the other hand, raising the feet, standing up and stretching, walking, and other forms of exercise promote good circulation. Gentle massage and warm foot baths can also help increase circulation to the feet.
Wearing comfortable shoes that fit well can prevent many foot ailments. Foot width may increase with age. Always have your feet measured before buying shoes. The upper part of the shoes should be made of a soft, flexible material to match the shape of your foot. Shoes made of leather can reduce the possibility of skin irritations. Soles should provide solid footing and not be slippery. Thick soles lessen pressure when walking on hard surfaces. Low-heeled shoes are more comfortable, safer, and less damaging than high-heeled shoes.
• Corns and calluses are caused by the friction and pressure of bony areas rubbing against shoes. A podiatrist or a physician can determine the cause of this condition and can suggest treatment, which may include getting better-fitting shoes or special pads. Over-the-counter medicines, contain acids that destroy the tissue but do not treat the cause. These medicines can sometimes reduce the need for surgery. Treating corns or calluses yourself may be harmful, especially if you have diabetes or poor circulation.
Bunions develop when big toe joints are out of line and become swollen and tender. Bunions may be caused by poor-fitting shoes that press on a deformity or an inherited weakness in the foot. If a bunion is not severe, wearing shoes cut wide at the instep and toes may provide relief. Protective pads can also cushion the painful area. Bunions can be treated by applying or injecting certain drugs, using whirlpool baths, or sometimes having surgery.
• Hammertoe is caused by shortening the tendons that control toe movements. The toe knuckle is usually enlarged, drawing the toe back. Over time, the joint enlarges and stiffens as it rubs against shoes.
• Your balance may be affected. Hammertoe is treated by wearing shoes and stockings with plenty of toe room. In advanced cases, surgery may be recommended.
Use a Toe stretcher, it straightens & realigns problem toes.
Thanks for watching!! If you know someone who could benefit from this information, please feel free to forward it to them!!
Bill and Joan Loganeski have discovered a meal replacement you can make at home for very little money and when combined with our Saturday Morning Diet plan it will help you lose the weight. The Saturday Morning Diet channel is our educational and information channel to help you use lose weight in a healthy way.weight loss, exercise, free, meals, meal plan, diets, program, easy, healthy, foods, quick, rapid, diet, health, how to lose weight