What is this drug used for?
• It is used to get rid of extra fluid.
• It is used to treat high blood pressure.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take this drug?
• If you have an allergy to furosemide or any other part of this drug.
• If you are allergic to any drugs like this one
• If you are not able to pass urine.
• If you are taking any of these drugs: Chloral hydrate, ethacrynic acid, or lithium.
• Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take this drug?
• Tell all of your health care providers that you take this drug. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
• Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how this drug affects you.
• To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
• If you have high blood sugar (diabetes), you will need to watch your blood sugar closely.
• If you are on a low-salt or salt-free diet, talk to doctor
• If you are taking this drug and have high blood pressure, talk with your doctor before using OTC products that may raise blood pressure.
• Have your blood pressure checked often.
• Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor.
• You may need extra potassium.
• Talk with your doctor before you drink alcohol or use other drugs and natural products that slow your actions.
• You may get sunburned more easily.
• Watch for gout attacks.
• If you have lupus, this drug can make your lupus active or get worse. Tell your doctor right away if you get any new or worse signs.
• If you are 65 or older, use this drug with care.
• Use with care in children.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
• Signs of an allergic reaction.
• Signs of fluid and electrolyte problems like mood changes, confusion, muscle pain or weakness, a heartbeat that does not feel normal.
• Signs of high blood sugar like confusion, feeling sleepy, more thirst, more hungry, passing urine more often, flushing, fast breathing, or breath that smells like fruit.
• Signs of liver problems like dark urine, feeling tired, not hungry, upset stomach or stomach pain, light-colored stools, throwing up, or yellow skin or eyes.
• Signs of a pancreas problem (pancreatitis) like very bad stomach pain, very bad back pain, or very bad upset stomach or throwing up.
• Very bad dizziness or passing out.
• A burning, numbness, or tingling feeling that is not normal.
• Not able to pass urine or change in how much urine is passed.
• Feeling very tired or weak.
• Any unexplained bruising or bleeding.
• Fever or chills.
• Sore throat.
• Hearing problems like lowered hearing and loss of hearing have happened with this drug.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
• Hard stools (constipation).
• Loose stools (diarrhea).
• Upset stomach or throwing up.
Reference: Facts and Comparisons 2017
Video Terms & Conditions - Waiver and Release of Liability
All viewers of this video recognize and acknowledge that all content presented in this video is solely for educational purposes. All viewers acknowledge and agree that if any methods, techniques or protocols learned in the video is used or implemented, it is done so appropriately, with individual discretion, for its intended purposes, and only after such individual receives guidance and advice from a professional practitioner that has evaluated and considered such individual’s situation and circumstances personally. Any methods, techniques or protocols presented in this video may have inherent risks when is individually used or implemented. Any viewer who uses or implements any learned methods, techniques or protocols found in this video recognizes such risks and acknowledge professional liabilities may result from individual use or implementation of learned methods, techniques or protocols.
All viewers agree that Vempak Group, LLC and/or any affiliated businesses or persons do not have any legal obligations or duties to the actions performed by any viewer after viewing this video. All viewers consent to release Vempak Group, LLC and/or any affiliated businesses or persons of all liabilities and obligations associated and related to any adverse actions or professional liability incurred as a result of using or implementing the methods, techniques or protocols learned in this video.