What is this drug used for?
• It is used to treat low mood (depression).
• It is used to treat anxiety.
• It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take this drug?
• If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances, tell our doctor
• If you are taking any of these drugs: Linezolid or methylene blue, citalopram or pimozide.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take this drug?
• Tell all of your health care providers that you take this drug. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
• Avoid driving.
• Do not stop taking this drug all of a sudden without calling your doctor. You may have a greater risk of side effects.
• Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this drug.
• Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs and natural products that slow your actions.
• In depression, sleep and appetite may get better soon after starting this drug. Other low mood signs may take up to 4 weeks to get better.
• This drug may raise the chance of bleeding. Sometimes, bleeding can be life-threatening. Talk with the doctor.
• Some people may have a higher chance of eye problems with this drug.
• This drug can cause low sodium levels. Very low sodium levels can be life-threatening, leading to seizures, passing out, trouble breathing, or death.
• Use with care in children.
• This drug may affect growth in children and teens in some cases. They may need regular growth checks.
• If you are 65 or older, use this drug with care. You could have more side effects.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant
• Taking this drug in the third trimester of pregnancy may lead to some health problems in the newborn. Talk with the doctor.
• Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
• Signs of an allergic reaction
• Signs of low sodium levels like headache, trouble focusing, memory problems, feeling confused, weakness, seizures, or change in balance.
• Signs of bleeding like throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds; coughing up blood; blood in the urine; black, red, or tarry stools; bleeding from the gums; vaginal bleeding that is not normal; bruises without a reason or that get bigger; or any bleeding that is very bad or that you cannot stop.
• Very bad dizziness or passing out.
• Chest pain or pressure.
• Change in sex ability.
• Lowered interest in sex.
• Period (menstrual) changes.
• A very bad and sometimes deadly health problem called serotonin syndrome may happen.
• Call your doctor right away if you have a painful erection (hard penis) or an erection that lasts for longer than 4 hours.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
• Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
• Upset stomach.
• Loose stools (diarrhea).
• Hard stools (constipation).
• Dry mouth.
• Not able to sleep.
• Sweating a lot.
• Feeling tired or weak.
• Feeling sleepy.
Reference: Facts and Comparisons 2017
Video Terms & Conditions - Waiver and Release of Liability
All viewers of this video recognize and acknowledge that all content presented in this video is solely for educational purposes. All viewers acknowledge and agree that if any methods, techniques or protocols learned in the video is used or implemented, it is done so appropriately, with individual discretion, for its intended purposes, and only after such individual receives guidance and advice from a professional practitioner that has evaluated and considered such individual’s situation and circumstances personally. Any methods, techniques or protocols presented in this video may have inherent risks when is individually used or implemented. Any viewer who uses or implements any learned methods, techniques or protocols found in this video recognizes such risks and acknowledge professional liabilities may result from individual use or implementation of learned methods, techniques or protocols.
All viewers agree that Vempak Group, LLC and/or any affiliated businesses or persons do not have any legal obligations or duties to the actions performed by any viewer after viewing this video. All viewers consent to release Vempak Group, LLC and/or any affiliated businesses or persons of all liabilities and obligations associated and related to any adverse actions or professional liability incurred as a result of using or implementing the methods, techniques or protocols learned in this video.