City of Ceres City Council Meeting for January 11, 2016
REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL
CALL TO ORDER
Vice Mayor: Kline
Council Members: Durossette, Lane, Ryno
Invocation by Pastor Jeff Hilbert, Believers Family Church.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Pledge of Allegiance led by Mayor Vierra.
A. Unmet Transit Needs Assessment Presentation – Regina Valentine, Associate Planner with StanCOG.
CITIZEN COMMUNICATIONS to the Council on matters not included on the agenda (five minutes).
PLEASE FILL OUT A SPEAKER CARD
While the City Council welcomes and encourages participation in City Council meetings, adopted rules allow no more than 5 minutes (Resolution No. 2007-106) for expression of non-agenda items. Matters under the jurisdiction of the City Council, and not on the posted agenda, may be addressed by the general public; however, California law prohibits the City Council from taking action on any matter which is not on the posted agenda unless it is determined to be an emergency by the City Council. Citizens are entitled to address the City Council on any agenda item subject to the 5 minute provision.
APPOINTMENTS TO BOARDS/COMMISSIONS
B. Mayor Appointments of Council Members to various Committees.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST DECLARATION
All matters listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and will be enacted by a single motion unless otherwise requested by an individual Council Member or public for special consideration. Otherwise the recommendation of staff will be accepted and acted upon by roll call vote.
1. Clerks Report of Posting. The agenda of the regular January 11, 2016, City Council meeting was posted on January 6, 2016. (Frontella)
2. Waive Readings. All Readings of Ordinances and resolutions are waived. (Frontella)
3. Approval of Minutes (Frontella)
a. Minutes of the December 14, 2015 Regular City Council meeting.
4. Register of Audited Demands for Period covering December 9, 2015 through December 23, 2015. (Dean)
5. General Correspondence – Information Only
a. Redevelopment / Economic Development Monthly Report – December (Hallam)
6. Waive the Second Reading Ordinance 2015-1035, adding Chapter 9.120 Marijuana Cultivation and Delivery, to Title IX, Public Peace, Safety and Morals of the Ceres Municipal Code (“C.M.C.”) (Hallinan)
7. Set public hearing date of January 25, 2016, to consider a Resolution to adopt the 2014-2023 Housing Element and 2014-2023 Housing Element Negative Declaration and authorize submittal to the State Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) for certification. (Westbrook)
8. Resolution No. 2016-001, authorization to execute a purchase and sale agreement for property located at 3912 El Camino Avenue. (Wells)
9. Resolution No. 2016-002, accepting the Mitchell Road 12” Sanitary Sewer Abandonment Project as Complete, authorizing the Filing the Notice of Completion and Retention Release to the Contractor. (Jordan)
10. Set public hearing date of January 25, 2016, for the City Council to consider a proposal for a new Parks and Recreation Master Plan for the entire City of Ceres area. The 2015 Parks and Recreation Master Plan is designed to capture a specific range of information for strategic planning purposes and provides and analysis that includes an inventory of all Ceres park facilities with community input and synthesizes these results into a set of recommendations. The City Planning Commission considered this proposal at their January 4, 2016 meeting and made a recommendation to the City Council to approve the Master Plan. (Jordan)
CONSIDERATION OF ITEM(S) REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR
No items scheduled.
No items scheduled.
11. Resolution No. 2016-003, authorizing amendment of the Measure H Expenditure Plan. (Wells)
12. Resolution No. 2016-004, repealing Resolution No. 2007-106 and establishing the Rules and Procedures for the City Council. (Wells)
13. Whitmore Mansion (Wells)
14. Strategic Plan Update (Wells)
Any Council Member that would like to have an item placed on a future agenda shall make a request under this section of the agenda.
At this time, any Council Members or City Staff will make an announcement, or report briefly on his or her activities.
• City Council
• City Manager
• City Attorney
• County Supervisor
The next regularly scheduled City Council Meeting is scheduled to be held on Monday, January 25, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers located in the Community Center at 2701 Fourth Street, Ceres, CA